Monday, February 16, 2009

Children of the Mountains

I am not sure how many of you watched, or even knew about, the 20/20 special that aired last Friday night. It was titled: "A Hidden America: Children of the Mountains." In the special, Diane Sawyer follows four different children and their families as they struggle to pursue their dreams amidst harsh circumstances and dire poverty.

I haven't had a chance to watch the special yet, but from what I have heard it is pretty good. I know too that CAP was listed at the top of their resource list for organizations in the area who are committed to helping those in need - which serves as a great reminder for why I am here.

So if you get a chance, you should check out the special (you can click the title of this post and it should take you directly to the 20/20 webpage where you can view the special online) and see a little bit of what life is like here.

Peace.

No comments: