Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Ladies in Red

Have I mentioned recently how much I love my housemates? Well, in case I haven't, I really love them.

Last night, after work, I was reading in my room and all of a sudden Liz barges in wearing this red dress - which was weird because I had seen her five minutes earlier in jeans. She threw a package at me and told me to put on my dress. I opened the package and inside was a matching red dress, so I changed real quick and went out to see what was going on.

I walked out and Kim, Jenna, Jenny, and Liz are all wearing the same red dress. Anyway, long story short, we decided we needed to have a little photo shoot to document the hilarity of our matching red dresses - and by little, I mean that we took pictures for at least thirty minutes. The best part was when we all sat down on the couch and got Helen to lie across our laps. So amazing!

In case you are curious, the dresses came from a place called Operation Sharing. Basically it is a huge warehouse that CAP operates; they take donations from all kinds of businesses and redistribute it among CAP programs, and even other non-profits. Volunteers are able to get stuff through them too - which is where most of our furniture and even our food comes from. And every once in awhile we'll get clothes from them too.

We are in the process of planning a red dress night. We haven't quite figured out when and where would be the best place to wear all of our dresses together - but it is going to happen. Jenny picked up two more dresses yesterday so Shannon and Sam (our new housemate who arrived last night after our dress-up time - we were nice and changed before she got there so she didn't think we were a cult) can join in.

I'm excited!

No comments: